A friend of mine made this recipe and it’s amazing! It’s a little bit more complicated than my normal recipes but, worth the extra effort. Refreshing and all the summer vibes!
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons chili paste (sambal oelek)
- 4-6 ounces salmon filets, cut into pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 chopped garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 cup diced, ripe peaches
- 1/4 cup candied jalapeños
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Coconut Rice Ingredients
- 14 ounce can of coconut milk
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup water
1. In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, fish sauce, honey, ginger, and chili paste.
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon, skin side down and cook for 3 minutes, until the salmon is crisp. Flip, reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic. Cook another minute.
3. Pour in your homemade sauce. Cook another 3 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Remove the salmon from the skillet.
4. To the skillet add 1/4 cup water. Scrape up any sauce in the pan and simmer until the sauce comes back together.
5. Meanwhile, make the salsa. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt. Start the coconut rice (cooking instructions below).
6. Spoon the salmon over the coconut rice. Pour the sauce over the salmon. Top with the salsa and extra jalapeños, if desired.
Coconut Rice Instructions
1. Combine the 14 oz can of coconut milk and 1/2 cup water in a medium pot. Bring to a low boil.
2. Add 1 cup jasmine rice and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine, cover, then turn the heat down to the lowest setting possible.
3. Allow the rice to cook for 10 minutes on low, then turn the heat off completely.
4. Let the rice sit, covered, for another 15-20 minutes (do not remove lid)
5. Remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork.
I would pair this with a nice sparkling water and/ or crisp glass of champagne. Spice up your summer nights with this tantalizing recipe. Let me know how it turns out. So yummy, enjoy!
2 Comments Add yours
LikeLiked by 1 person
Send pics if you try the recipe! 😊