We are getting ready for a vacation with our kids and my lists keep getting longer! I have organized my lists to share with you in hopes to relieve some stress for you when you get ready to pack your family trip. Here are the essentials for any beach vacation with your toddlers and young children!
Please note this post contains affiliate links. This means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using the links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
I like to let my kids make choices whenever I can so they learn to make their own decisions. I (of course) check all before we leave but, I tell them what they need to pack and they pick it out.
- Outfits for each day, plus 1-2 extra (depending on how long you will be away and if you intend of washing laundry, I’m not washing laundry until we get home!)
- Underwear for each day, plus 1-2 extra
- Shoes and socks/ flip flops or water shoes
- Pajamas, one for each night
- Swimsuits, at least 2 so they don’t have to wear wet ones (we have one for each day)
- Swimmers/ diapers
- Swimsuit covers, optional
- Hats and sunglasses
- Toiletries (toothbrush, wash products, etc..)
Toys and Electronics
You’re going to need activities to keep them busy when you’re traveling and in the hotel room. Kids get bored easily and we can’t always be on the beach or at the pool. Definitely need to keep them entertained for everyone’s sanity!
- iPads or tablets
- Chargers for electronics
- Coloring books and crayons or markers
- Kids favorite toy(s)
- Board games and playing cards
Beach and/ or Pool
Most all hotels and resorts have pool towels, beach chairs, and tents or umbrellas. I recommend calling to see what they have for you so you don’t have to pack extra.
- Beach/ pool towels, if needed
- Beach chairs, if needed
- Tent or umbrella, if needed
- Beach and/ or water toys
- Kiddie pool (for beach, optional)
- Safety wear (life vest, floaties, etc..)
- Music speaker (and charger)
- Beach blanket(s)
- Wireless charger base
- Utility wagon
Food and Drinks
Make it easy for you and the kids! Get some of their favorite treats to make it extra special for the kiddos. Keep everyone hydrated!
(Pro Parenting Tip: Buy individually packaged snacks or get the little baggies and prepare snack bags in advance.)
- Ice or ice packs
- Bottled water and juice packs or Gatorade
- Goldfish and/ or chips
- Bananas, fruit
- Uncrustables PBJ sandwiches
- Pre made sandwiches
- Special snacks and treat’s
(Pro Parenting Tip: For the beach or any place with sand or dirt, I personally had to use this water bottle to get sand out of my kid’s eyes! Worked so good and fast!)
For your convenience, I have added all items to my Amazon storefront! I hope this is helpful for your vacation so you can be prepared and enjoy your family time! Let me know how your beach day goes with the kiddos! Cheers!
One Comment Add yours