School is out for summer! Time for long pool days and family gatherings. You know I love easy, crockpot recipes and this one is so yummy. Pair it with Hawaiian slider rolls and potato salad or coleslaw! Perfect for any BBQ, everyone will love.
- 1 pork butt/pork shoulder roast (4-6 pounds)
- 1 can Dr. Pepper
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce or to taste
- Garlic Powder
- Hawaiian sweet slider rolls
- Sliced cheese, optional
- 1 sliced onion, optional
- Place the onion in the bottom of the crockpot. Rub the outside of the roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour the Dr. Pepper over the pork and cook on high 4-5 hours or on low 7-8 hours.
- The meat will be very tender. Using 2 forks, shred the pork and place back in the juices.
- Add barbecue sauce to taste. Allow to cook an additional 30-60 minutes if desired.
- Serve on slider buns with sliced cheese.
You can also make Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese to go with the sliders. Prep everything the night before your get together so you can turn it on the next day and spend time with your loved ones. Soak up all the memories you can. Enjoy!